Being transformed by Christ’s love and joining God’s transforming work in the world.
To foster authentic relationships with Jesus, create a loving and welcoming community, and empower all to live out God's love and purposes with our neighbors, city and the world.
West Hills Covenant Church is part of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
The Evangelical Covenant Church is a rapidly growing multiethnic denomination in the United States and Canada with ministries on five continents of the world.
Founded in 1885 by Swedish immigrants, the ECC values the Bible as the word of God, the gift of God’s grace and ever-deepening spiritual life that comes through a faith with Jesus Christ, the importance of extending God’s love and compassion to a hurting world, and the strength that comes from unity within diversity.
For Covenant people, our essential beliefs are summed up in what we call Covenant Affirmations:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church.
- We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.
Learn more here: http://www.covchurch.org/resources/covenant-affirmations/