All-Church Family Camp
at Cascades Camp & Conference Center
Join West Hills as we participate in our annual tradition of attending Independence Day Family Camp at Cascades Camp and Conference Center.
Questions? Scroll down to read the FAQ.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Register either online or by mailing in the form from the Cascades Camp brochure.
To register online, do the following:
1. Login and select "Family Camp and Retreats 2018". Click continue.
2. Fill out or confirm the info about your party and select age range.
3. For the first adult, select “Independence Day Family Camp” under “Family Camps” and "Add to cart".
4. Select your preferred lodging option. If you are staying on the ball field, select “Ballfield Dry Site” (indicates you are with West Hills).
5. Select your meal option under "Independence Day Meals". If staying on the ballfield, select either “Independence Day Program + BBQs” or “Independence Day Program + Dinners” if you'd like to participate in Cascades' dinner meals. If you are staying in the lodge or cabins, you must select “Program + All Meals.”
6. Scroll to bottom of webpage, and select another member of your party. Repeat steps 2-4 for the rest of the members of your party except select “Shared Lodging” for the lodging option.
**NEW THIS YEAR: After registering with Cascades Camp & Conference Center, you will receive an email from West Hills asking you to fill out more information. This email will not be immediate, but keep an eye out for it.
You don't have to do the double registration we have done the past few years, the extra West Hills needed info will be asked for in that email.**
WHAT ARE THE DATES THIS YEAR?
Wednesday, July 4th-Sunday, July 8th.
WHAT'S GOING ON THIS YEAR?
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE THERE?
There are all sorts of activities for both adults and separate activities just for kids. Some of them include, swimming, boating, horseback riding, zip lines and more. Most activities are included in your program fee, but a few such as paintball require an additional fee. Go to cascades.org for more.
DO I HAVE TO GO THE FOR ALL THE NIGHTS?
Many people only go for 3 nights, skipping the first night. You are welcome to decide how long you want to stay. Regardless, the price remains the same.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The base price for 1 adult who is staying on the ballfield and doing their own meals is $176. That breaks down to $77 for the campsite on the ballfield, and $99 for programming, which includes one Beef BBQ & Salmon dinner. For additional people (12 and over), it's $99. For additional children 11 and under, it's $50.
For a group with 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and under) the total price is $375.
CAN I GO FOR THE DAY?
Yes, you are welcome to go for the day. You'll need to purchase an $11 single day program fee at the Canteen.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
You should bring what you would bring if you were going tent camping (if staying on the ball field). If you're staying in a lodge/cabin check out the list from Cascades.
Be sure to check the weather before you go, as it can vary greatly. It will cool off at nights, so be sure to bring a something for cooler weather.
Bring money as you may want to purchase coffee from the espresso bar, extra activities, treats, or something from the gift store. Also, many people bring their bikes.
Do NOT bring: firearms, fireworks/crackers, any open flame or alcohol.
IS THERE ELECTRICITY?
Yes, there is electricity. If you're staying on the ball field and want electricity please note that when you register with West Hills and you'll be set up in a spot with an extension cord.
WHAT'S THE RESTROOM SITUATION?
There are bathrooms and showers with electricity on the ball field for those who are staying in tents to use. If you stay in a lodge/cabin the options vary whether the bathroom is private or shared.
IS THERE A MAP OF CASCADES CAMP?
Yep. You can download a pdf map.
WHERE DO I PARK?
For those on the ball field, you will be able to park there also.
IS THERE COFFEE?
Yes, there is an espresso bar, so you can get not only coffee but lattes, americanos and much more!
I STILL HAVE SOME QUESTIONS.
If you still have some questions please email Pastor Mark at email@example.com.